The Bellevue School Board adopted the Next Superintendent Ideal Profile as presented by Human Capital Enterprises, the search firm hired by the Board, in a 5-0 unanimous vote at their September 22, 2023, regular meeting. The Superintendent Ideal Profile summarized the feedback of seven hundred and fifty-two (752) individuals gathered through Board listening sessions, stakeholder focus groups, and an online community survey. That document will serve as the criteria for recruiting and selecting the next superintendent of schools.
Additionally, HCE has prepared an Executive Summary of what was learned throughout the stakeholder engagement process highlighting district and community strengths and challenges or opportunities for the future.
Nine district and community strengths are identified in the report:
- A long-standing tradition of academic excellence
- Bellevue’s treasured diversity, and its honored place in its schools
- Outstanding offerings and exciting programming
- Commitment to social-emotional learning and mental health
- Highly regarded staff who are committed to Bellevue and a workplace that supports them
- Highly supportive parent and business community
- Enviable facilities
- Student voice
- Outstanding access to technology
Several challenges or opportunities for the future were also identified, including:
- Declining enrollment and budget impacts
- Diversifying the workforce
- Leadership churn and executive fatigue
An Opportunity: Stakeholder Interview Panels
You are asked to consider participating in the selection phase, as the Board of Directors will convene several stakeholder panels (students, staff, community) to assist in vetting and interviewing superintendent candidates. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for January 2023. More information will be provided in November 2022 about how to express your interest in serving as a panelist.
Visit the Superintendent Search webpage to learn more and view the search process details in multiple languages by using the “Select Language” menu at the top left-hand side of bsd405.org. You can also email email@example.com and receive answers to any questions.